Dark Light Strand
This is due to either a circuit breaker being tripped at the fuse box, your GFCI Outlet needing to be reset (usually after it rains) or a bad bulb in the strand. See F.A.Q. for more.
Resetting Your GFCI Electrical Outlet
- Unplug anything that is plugged into the GFCI breaker. This ensures no damage when re-engaging the circuit.
- Locate the button next to the “Test” button that says “Reset” on it, and press it firmly until you hear a click.
- Plug everything back in.
- NOTE: If you have to reset the GFCI Plug or if you found a tripped breaker at the fuse panel then you will then have to reset you timer. See “RESETTING TIMER” for instructions on how to do this.
Download User Manual
- Open the lid on the timer and check the small window in the center of the dial. This is where you set the actual time it is at the moment you plug in it in. If your time is not set properly it will throw off the other settings that are vital to the proper operation of the timer.
- You will notice 1-Green and 1-Red peg on the outer edge of the dial. These pegs are the start and stop controls for the timer. We always set time perimeters upon installation.
- Should you still have issues simply call Tis The Season and we will make a service call to get you back up and running.
- There are a variety of timers available on the market today. If you are using a timer not supplied by Tis The Season correcting any issues will need to be handled with a service call.
What if I have a strand out?
The style lights you have chosen to use in your design will depend on the source of the issue.
C7 or C9 lights generally will not fail as they are very durable and can handle most conditions mother nature can throw their way.
Mini lights and icicle lights are notorious for failing because as the wind moves the strands and bulbs can work their way loose or break in which case the circuit gets broken. The easiest fix for this is to put in a service call and we will come out to replace the strand.
What if the lights won’t turn on after it rains?
If your lights won’t turn on after the rain most likely the GFCI plug has been tripped due to water getting in or around the plug. Simply follow the instructions below to get your lights back on:
IMPORTANT-If your lights do go out you will need to reset the timer as well once you have power back to the plug. See “RESETTING THE TIMER” for the steps in how to do this.
1. Check your circuit breakers at the fuse panel to make sure that one is not tripped. If everything is ok there unplug the lights from the socket and press RESET on the outlet and then plug your lights back in. When this is done you should hear a click which means that the outlet has been reset. Once you have completed these steps you will need to reset the timer. See “RESETTING THE TIMER” for the steps in how to do this.
What if my timers are going on and off at the wrong times?
Keep in mind that timers aren’t exact science so if they go off and on 5-10 minutes apart this is normal operation.
- Check that the timers are set for the same time. To do this you simply open the lid on the timer and check the small window in the center of the dial. *IMPORTANT-Be sure you are setting AM and PM correctly. AM is usually represented in white and PM will be black with white numbers.
- You will notice 1-Green and 1-Red peg on the outer edge of the dial. It is vital that these pegs are in the proper position as they are your start and stop controls to the timer. We always set these upon installation so it is very unlikely that this would be the issue.
- If you are using a timer not supplied by Tis The Season see your owners manual or give us a call and we will make a service call to get you back up and running.
What is a good container to store my lights in?
Proper storage containers are your plastic stack-able containers available at any department store. They stack very easily and keep elements out so as to protect your lights. Cardboard boxes and bags work, but in the case of boxes they attract moisture and they can be damaged very easily. Bags offer zero protection for your lights.